Rule 100 of ‘Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules 2017’: Assessment in Certain Cases
Provisions under Rule 100 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 relating to “Assessment in Certain Cases”, as per CGST (2nd Amendment) Rules 2017 notified by CBEC on 28 June 2017, applicable w.e.f. 1 July 2017, are as under:
CGST Rule 100: Assessment in Certain Cases (Chapter-XI: Assessment and Audit)
(1) The order of assessment made under sub-section (1) of section 62 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-13.
(2) The proper officer shall issue a notice to a taxable person in accordance with the provisions of section 63 in FORM GST ASMT-14 containing the grounds on which the assessment is proposed to be made on best judgment basis and after allowing a time of fifteen days to such person to furnish his reply, if any, pass an order in FORM GST ASMT-15.
(3) The order of summary assessment under sub-section (1) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-16.
(4) The person referred to in sub-section (2) of section 64 may file an application for withdrawal of the summary assessment order in FORM GST ASMT–17.
(5) The order of withdrawal or, as the case may be, rejection of the application under subsection (2) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-18.